Grab your chance to make a dance
Join us for the second annual NACHMO/DC!
A new year is coming, and what better way to begin 2016 than by creating dance? Do you have an idea that's been bouncing around in your head for a while, but haven't found the time to do it? Need to get your creative juices flowing? Now's your chance!
Interested in showing your brand new work onstage? Submit it for NACHMO/DC showings.
Obviously we don't expect a finished dance by this point in time; we just want your information so we can plan and fill you in on all the resources available to you.
Choose a path below that best matches your needs and schedule.
A la Carte
Pay as you go! Attend workshops (donation at the door) that make sense to you. Submit a piece for the informal showing on Feb. 7 for $15. Not eligible to be chosen for Intersections. Space is limited at the showing; check availability via firstname.lastname@example.org before paying the fee.
$35 buys you into the full NACHMO package. You get complimentary access to workshops and open studios, can perform in Informal Showing, and are eligible to be chosen for the Final Showcase. Fill out the form AND pay your $35 fee via Paypal by January 7, 2016 at 11:55pm.
- Pieces performed at NACHMO/DC showings may be no longer than 7 minutes.
- All choreographers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Choreographers may cast dancers under the age of 18, but NACHMO programming is not specificially designed for youth.
- Choreographers take full responsibility for their dancers.
- Work should be newly created in January 2016, not a reworked piece that was started earlier. This is on the honor system.
- The showings and showcase will be open to audiences of all ages; please keep this in mind when creating your piece (e.g. no nudity). Thank you!
Check the master NACHMO calendar for info on workshops, kick-off parties, performances, and more in the D.C. area!
Keep in touch!
If you have questions about NACHMO/DC, email us.
There are many opportunities for support and accountability by connecting with NACHMO over social media (Facebook, Twitter, @NACHMOdance on Instagram). Be sure to use the #NACHMO2016 hashtag so we can follow your progress!
You can reach NACHMO HQ at email@example.com